A practical, purpose-driven approach
to launching your career.
Launchpad is a learning program for those from 17-22 years of age.
It is under Abot Tala, a Self-Directed, Interest-Led Learning Center.
The Launchpad program offers an alternative to mainstream senior high schools, colleges, and universities.
Launchpad is a place to build
future-proof life and work skills
Whatever career path you choose, there are certain skills that you’ll need in order to navigate the changes and challenges that the future brings. We want to help our members develop those skills.
To see generations of young people who are empowered, hands-on, ready to collaborate and create with others, and positively impact their community.
Through self-directed, interest-led education and mentoring, we will support young people as they develop future-proof skills, connect to a thriving network of professionals, and take on real-life passion projects.
At Launchpad, we provide:
- A supportive community where young people can direct their learning and bond with like-minded peers.
- Access to a network of industry experts
- Mentoring with people who are practitioners and experts in their field. Our members will receive regular:
- Individual mentoring — we match you with mentors who share your interests and passions, can connect you to a network in the industry you want to get into, or can guide you as you develop your skills and projects
- Group mentoring — receive mentorship and feedback for your collaborations and group projects
CLASSES & INTERNSHIPS
- Members will get to choose their synchronous & asynchronous classes.
- Classes that focus on essential skills conducted by practitioners in the arts, business, entrepreneurship, music (and other industries)
- Seasonal masterclasses and workshops from industry leaders
- Apprenticeship and internship opportunities
- They will also have access to online learning resources, as well as opportunities for internships.
Abot Tala Launchpad is not an accredited senior high, college, or university — it is a Self-Directed, Interest-Led Learning center for young people in the senior high and college/university age range.
It is not a place where young people are required to take compulsory classes or forced to study subjects they are not interested in. Instead, it is a place where they can choose what they want to learn about, pursue their interests and passions, and develop the skills they want and need in order to concretely pursue their career and life goals — all within a vibrant and supportive environment.
We are actively developing connections with people and organizations in various industries. Our goal is to have a wide-ranging Launchpad community filled with industry practitioners, specialists, and leaders who are collaborative and innovative.